Frontline Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Aspirant, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, SAN, begins the last leg of his nationwide consultations on Wednesday, September 5, 2018, with a trip to Kwara State.
A statement issued on Tuesday by the Kabiru Tanimu Turaki Presidential Campaign Organisation disclosed that from Kwara he will head for Ekiti, Taraba and Bayelsa states before rounding off with the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.
So far the former Minister of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs and Supervising Minister of Labour and Productivity has visited 32 states, making him the presidential aspirant among all the political parties who has toured by far the most number of states.
He started the journey from Katsina, then went to Zamfara, Kano and Kaduna before rapidly visiting other states to consult with party members and leaders on his aspiration to fly PDP’s flag in the 2019 presidential election.
“In addition to discussing details of his presidential ambition with party faithful across the country, Turaki has decided to personally visit every state and the FCT because he wants to create synergy and feel the pulse of the people,” the statement said. “He wants to be part of their environment and appreciate their challenges.”
Turaki, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria has a number of things in his favour. Clean and untainted by the stain of corruption, the former Chairman, Presidential Committee on Dialogue and Peaceful Resolution of the Security Challenges in the North East, has age on his side and possesses creative ideas on how to solve the country’s multifarious problems.
A strong believer in the need to restructure the country along the lines of resource control, fiscal federalism, statism or regionalism and devolution of powers, Turaki promises to achieve the following if given PDP’s mandate and eventually elected Nigeria’s President:
1. Securing the people economically and ensure the protection of lives and properties of citizens, as well as return the people to the virtues of patriotism, nationalism and being our brothers keepers.
2. Ensuring the Rule of Law and natural justice.
3. Frontally tackling the menace of corruption in a holistic manner.
4. Providing critical infrastructure for national development.
5. Opening up the economy to attract investment that will create job opportunities for our teeming youth.